Career & Guidance Cell
We at Chitkara International School (CIS) aim to become a Leading Innovative School of India, bridging the gap between the school education, higher education and the industry. Career Guidance Cell at CIS continues to engage the students in various informative career-oriented sessions, panel discussions, one on one session to enhance the student’s competencies in self-knowledge, educational and occupational exploration & career planning. Specific inputs are given to the students regarding career choices mapped and aligned to their passions/interests which would help the students to fulfil their career goals and serve as a bridge between their college experience and employment or graduate school, helping them apply what they have learned.
What is Career Guidance & Counselling and why it is important for a child?
Choosing the right career is one of the most crucial decisions of a student’s life. Globalisation along with rapid advances in technology have thrown open a plethora of new career options to the youth. This reality has created the need for Career Guidance to be an integral part of the education system. Most students choose careers based on their marks obtained and not on what they are passionate about.
It is the continuous process of thinking about the interests, values, skills and preferences and exploring the learning options available for a child. It generally involves getting to know what your child wants with respect to career opportunities. It is a process that helps to design a career path for your child.
Role of Career Guidance Cell at CIS
The School has a robust Career counselling cell which helps to create awareness amongst students so that they are in a position to make informed choices. It serves a number of functions like
- Preparing the students thoroughly for the Industry & Universities. We are the Gateway to Higher Education embedded with a strong industry & university connect.
- Guiding the students throughout the school to help them focus on the right kind of skills, readings and exposure that would help them build their profile for admissions to various universities as well as for their careers.
- Conducting psychometric evaluations for the students to identify their strengths and weaknesses. These evaluations are designed to provide insights into each student’s learning style, personality, and aptitudes, which can help teachers and parents tailor their educational approach to better suit the student’s needs.
- Helping students to identify their areas of interest and aptitude.
- Organising one on one session with the students and parents, guiding them to make the best education and career choices for themselves and regarding the “best fit” universities post-high school education.
- Providing updated information regarding various choices of subject, courses & colleges and the current career trends.
- Facilitating Career Aptitude Tests & Interpretation. Also, ensuring the information is conveyed to all the stakeholders i.e. the student, parent and school.
- Helping students access and fill in forms for Universities within India and overseas and get them to begin the process well in time so that they do not miss out deadline.
- Giving sustained support in the admission process that includes writing out recommendation letters and helping with the Personal Statements to be submitted.
- Organising interactive and interesting career fairs at Chitkara International School for the students. The faculty members & senior admission team interact with the students to orient them about the various courses, career options available globally.