Awards & Achievements
- Rashtriya Shiksha Gaurav Puraskar Ceremony powered by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR) recognizes meritorious principals for their contributions to schools and communities. The program crowns those Principals, who have spearheaded initiatives to increase students’ performance, endorse safe learning environments and create partnerships with parents and community members. Hence it was for the same that Dr. Niyati Chitkara, Principal, Chitkara International School was conferred with the title of Visionary Leader of the Year 2019 for her outstanding and exemplary contribution towards education at 12th Rashtriya Shiksha Gaurav Puraskar Ceremony held in Delhi.
The award truly stands as a symbol of exemplary contributions and difference being made by Dr. Chitkara in the field of education. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/dr-niyati-chitkara-principal-chitkara-international-school-was-conferred-with-the-title-of-visionary-leader-of-the-year-2019/)
- Best School in North India 2019’ by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR)
Ensuring quality education is indeed one of the best things that schools do for future generations. Thus, it unquestionably becomes a matter of immense pride when a school is recognised for its constant endeavours in pursuit of instructional excellence. Solidifying its place as one of the leading schools of the region, Chitkara International School has been awarded the certificate for being the ‘Best School in North India 2019’ by Centre for Education Growth and Research (CEGR) during 12th Rashtriya Shiksha Gaurav Puraskar Ceremony held in Delhi. CIS presents its heartfelt gratitude to its stakeholders for their steadfast support and sincerely considers this reward as an opportunity for growth rather than a souvenir of success. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/best-school-in-north-india-2019-by-centre-for-education-growth-and-research-cegr/)
- “Nationalism flowers when it grows in the garden of internationalism.”
With the world veritably turning into a global village, it becomes especially important to equip the students with futuristic as well as global competencies. Chitkara International School consciously undertakes all relevant measures to uphold and promote the concept of internationalism in its educational and general mechanisms that enable each Chitkarian to stay updated with current global requirements. Acknowledging the school for its outstanding International Practices, British Council accredited CIS with the prestigious British Council International School Award 2019-22. The school feels tremendously happy to share the very memorable achievement with its stakeholders for it is the unceasing contribution of them that the school continues to grow. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/british-council-accredited-chitkara-international-school-with-the-prestigious-british-council-international-school-award-2019-22/)
- Chitkara International School has been apposite in providing comprehensive and newfangled educational and co-curricular opportunities to its students. In pursuit of this, the school has undertaken conscious steps to instill efficiency and effectiveness across all its operations, including management processes, operational methodologies, and curriculum delivery. Thus our dedication to a well-rounded and holistic approach for nurturing young minds for a better tomorrow can’t be better signified than by the fact that we have been honoured with Innovative School Award by eminent Chef Vikas Khanna and Chef Vikas Chawla for innovation and excellence in school education. This is certainly a result of the collective efforts of all the stakeholders of the school. CIS feels extremely privileged to be conferred with such an honour and we thank all the parents, students, faculty and staff for their relentless support. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/chitkara-international-school-honoured-with-innovative-school-award/)
- Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It’s about impact, influence, and inspiration. Impact involves getting results, influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work, and you have to inspire team-mates. Without a doubt, Dr. Niyati Chitkara, Principal of Chitkara International School is the most scrupulous leader as it is under her tutelage that every day thousands of minds are inspired and educated. She is indeed a true personification of leadership as she believes in assimilating a powerful value system in the students along with focusing on their academic and co-curricular excellence. For the overall development of the students, she has worked hard to open varied promenades for trailing perfection in talent areas, like Visual & Performing Arts, Sports & Games, and Life Skills, etc. Thus it is in the honour of this distinction that Dr. Chitkara was bestowed with the title ‘Principal Par Excellence’ by leading International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM). (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/dr-chitkara-was-bestowed-with-the-title-principal-par-excellence-by-leading-international-institute-of-hotel-management-iihm/ )
- A teacher is one of the individuals who play a significant role in shaping the future of a child. Teachers are indeed instrumental in community building and helping to make a better society through their inspirational teachings. We are excited to share that Chitkara International School’s founding member, Ms. Kiran, Academic cum Hindi Coordinator, was conferred with ‘Teachers’ Day Award 2019’ by pioneering International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM). Ms. Kiran was recognised and applauded for being an edifying torchbearer.
The IIHM Teachers Day Awards 2019 is a unique initiative by the International Hospitality Council, London & Delhi and International Institute of Hotel Management. Over the last 5 years, the event has become most sought after and popular among the educators of the country and is now India’s biggest award. This award certainly merits and symbolises the conscientious Teaching fraternity of Chitkara International School.(https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/chitkara-international-schools-founding-member-ms-kiran-academic-cum-hindi-coordinator-was-conferred-with-teachers-day-award-2019/)
- The apt intensity of eminence and a prestigious platform is all it entails to bring the exceptional efforts taken by innovative leaders for inspiring the future education of the industry to their due adulation. To the pride of Chitkara International School, the school principal Dr. Niyati Chitkara, was accorded with the certificate of appreciation by prestigious and leading organisation ‘Education Today’. The award was to highlight the top 50 effective principals of the year 2019 for their exemplary contribution in the field of education. Dr Chitkara’s steadfast approach towards the progress of the school and her consistent efforts to provide the best education and learning opportunities to the 21st century learner was certainly the distinctive factor to catch the jury’s eye. We would like to pay our heartfelt gratitude to all the parents, students, faculty and staff of the school as the award indeed stands the upshot of unanimous inputs of all the stakeholders of Chitkara International School.(https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/dr-niyati-chitkara-top-50-effective-principals-of-the-year-2019/)
- Chitkara International School is accredited with International School Award 2019-2022 for “Outstanding Development of International Dimension in the Curriculum by British Council. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/chitkara-international-school-is-accredited-with-International-school-award-2019-2022-by-british-council./)
- Chitkara International School ardently believes in assimilating a strong value system, skills along with focusing on the academic excellence of students thus preparing them to succeed in 21st century. It is in recognition of this exemplary effort of our institution, the school was felicitated among Future 50 Schools Shaping Success. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/cis-facilitated-among-future-50-schools-shaping-success/)
- Progressive Principal is certainly the one who weaves a world-class educational eco-system despite the innumerable challenges & constraints faced by them. And this has been proved time and again by Dr. Niyati Chitkara, principal of Chitkara International School that she is indeed a progressive principal through defining the contours of the multi-layered education creatively. It was in recognition to this that she was bestowed the title, “Progressive Principal of India”. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/dr-niyati-chitkara-bestowed-title-progressive-principal-india-rethink-india/)
- Futuristic schools of India have to be spearheaded by forward-looking, fully empowered futuristic faculty members. Faculty Proficiency Assessment Test [FPAT] is thereby an initiative from the house of ReTHINK INDIA which intends to identify & celebrate the Futuristic Faculty Members across the nook and cranny of India. Chitkara International School nominated its nine of the faculty members, Ms. Alka Thapa- Academic Coordinator Junior Wing, Ms. Arushi Deo-Academic Coordinator-Senior Wing, Ms. Kiran- Hindi Coordinator, Ms. Dolma Pathela – Astt. English Coordinator, Ms. Prabhjot Kaur-Astt. Academic Coordinator, Ms. Kanchan Gupta-Astt. Academic Coordinator, Ms. Shalini Somra- Academic Executive, Ms. Vidhi-Teacher and Ms. Bhawna Madaan-Teacher in the FPAT, as an ode to Teaching Fraternity of the school. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/faculty-members-chitkara-international-school-futuristic-faculty-india/)
- ReTHINK India is a nationalist think tank which nurtures a wide range of communities of practice engaging them around a vast spectrum of unique, innovative, interdisciplinary & incremental propositions. This reputed organisation thereby rolled out the title of New India Champions 2018 to Chitkara International School as it has always exhibited excellence towards holistic development of children. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/new-india-champions-2018/)
- Chitkara International School (CIS) has always focused on investing in the future of children through programs that deck them with skills and tools. One of such initiatives was the exchange program titled “Partnership Between School”. This programme was a collaboration between Government Model Senior Secondary School, Dhanas and Chitkara International School. The discernible benefits of this collaboration included capacity building, sharing of ideas, innovative approach, etc. and the entire journey embarked upon resulted in a great learning and networking experience. This profuse association was applauded by Chandigarh Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CCPCR) at their event “National Consultation of UT’s on Creating Child-Friendly Cities” conducted on its 5th Foundation Day. CIS was absolutely pleased to receive the recognition of the best practice of “Twining Model- Sharing of Resources on Environment and Value Culture”. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/collaboration-government-model-senior-secondary-school
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara, Chairperson, Chitkara International School, Vice-Chancellor, Chitkara University and Co-founder of Chitkara Educational Trust, has always made her sincere efforts to make the institutions she is associated a place where children significantly shape their life. She continuously works towards enriching the learning experience of the students starting from pre-primary level to doctoral level and devise methods of successful transformation from one level to other keeping in mind the demand of the changing & demanding industry. She truly reflects an image of a women entrepreneur who is breaking stereotypes. It was in recognition of her excellent work in the field of education and genuine contribution to society that she was presented with the title “Women with Substance”. Dr. Chitkara was felicitated with the Jury Award during TLJ Women’s Achievers Awards 2019 ceremony hosted by The Lifestyle Journalist magazine. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/jury-award-tlj-women-achievers-awards-2019-ceremony/)
- Digital Learning ranked Chitkara International School as one of the top 5 schools in Chandigarh, under “Top Schools of India – Ranking 2018”. All the top schools of Delhi-NCR, Chandigarh, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, and Haryana were present during the felicitation ceremony. The schools of India were evaluated on the parameters that included Academic Excellence: Wherein top schools were judged for adopting the best practices for the overall development of Students and Learning Experience: Schools were judged for adopting best teaching strategies benefiting the students to provide finest possible cognitive learning experiences filling the gap between what is taught and what Industry requires in the future.(https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/digital-learning-ranked-chitkara-international-school-one-top-5-schools-chandigarh/)
- Chitkara International Schools’ achievement list has once again registered a distinct victory as its bright Chitkarian, Swamya Singh of grade 12 humanities has signed a two-year professional football contract with the kemicityfc club (Finland). He is the second-ever Indian player to have made such a humongous mark in the history of signing of professional football contract worldwide. We are extremely proud of this budding footballer. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/swamya-singh-grade-12-humanities-signed-two-year-professional-football-contract-kemicityfc-club-finland/)
- This effort of CIS was acknowledged by the Department of Education Chandigarh (U.T.) in association with PGIMER, Chandigarh and Indian Council of Medical Research under the School Health Accreditation Project (SHAP). After the rigorous assessment of 460 government and private schools by the team of assessors, the Chitkara International School was found to be in the category of ‘Platinum'(platinum being highest). The evaluation procedure followed the assessment following the combination of Curriculum (teaching, learning, professional development), Environment (school ethos, physical, policies, culture, procedure) and Partnership (students, families, staff, professionals, agencies, community and services). With much applauses, CIS was felicitated with the award at the event titled Ranking and Certification Ceremony of the Accreditated Schools, organised at PG Government College, Sector 11, Chandigarh. The certificate was presented to honourable Dr. Niyati Chitkara, Principal, Chitkara International School by much notable Sh BL Sharma, Education Secretary along with dignitaries from PGI and Education Department, Chandigarh, ICMR and Minister of government of health. (https://www.chitkaraschool.in/spotlight/460-schools-chandigarh-cis-secured-platinum-rank-school-health-accreditation-project-powered-department-education-pgimer/)
- Chitkara International School got felicitated by Swachh Vidyalaya Puraskar at the district level in the subcategory of sanitation with a 5-star rating. Kirron Kher, MP gave the award to the school principal Dr Niyati Chitkara.
- A big breakthrough came in for Chitkara International School, as it enters into the coveted League of Futuristic Schools of India 2018. The award was accorded by rethink INDIA to the school on the basis of various parameters.
- Chitkara International School added another feather to its cap as it got ‘Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Acclamation’ by ReTHINK INDIA, for Internationalisation of India’s Education 2018
- The Learning Ambience of any Educational Ecosystem is the foundation & a pre-dominant facet which essentially drives the learning outcomes at large. ReTHINK INDIA thereby curated Sir C V Raman Award for Applied Physics wherein Learning Ambience Rankings were conducted and Chitkara International School came as a frontrunner thus covering another milestone by seizing the award.
- Chitkara International School was awarded with “School excellence award” at 5th National conference on teaching, learning and leadership organized by Brainfeed, one of the leading magazines. The school was awarded for best implementing PBL, infrastructure, innovative practices, and influential brand school.
- Chitkara International School was ranked amongst top 5 Co-ed School in Education World India School Rankings 2017-18.
- Chitkara International School attains two times in the row the crown as one of the Top 50 future school in India under the National Category, awarded by Univariety & Fortune India.
- Chitkara International School got “Accreditation” for “Quality School Governance” from National Accreditation Board for Education and Training (NABET) ,Quality Council of India.
- Shri Pranab Mukherjee, former Honorable President of India honored Kashish Sharma – A student of Chitkara International School with special achievement award in the field of Sports.
- Chitkara International School held one of the Top positions in the “National Level Survey – The Indian School Rankings 2016 in the survey conducted by Education World in association with C-fore.
- Chitkara International School has been ranked as one of Top 3 schools in Chandigarh City Rankings amongst “Top Schools of India – Ranking 2016” by Digital Learning.
- CBSE – CAER Published a Case Study on Chitkara International School on “Innovative Curriculum”.
- Cambridge Examinations Board Published a Case Study on Chitkara International School.
- Various Research Papers have been published by the different offices of CIS covering the wide arena of learning. Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India conferred on the Best School Infrastructure award at the 7th elets World Education Summit 2016 held at Delhi